Reports to: Lead Developer
POSTBIDSHIP delivers cutting edge and tailored solutions to help automate and grow our customers’ businesses. The SOFTWARE DEVELOPER will be responsible for software development as part of the POSTBIDSHIP system and related products. Projects include new functions, features, enhancements incorporating business logic, and adding custom applications or components that tie in to aspects of the POSTBIDSHIP Shipping System. SOFTWARE DEVELOPER also acts as Level 2 Support.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Write code, conduct unit testing, and ongoing development of POSTBIDSHIP platform.
- Consult on, design, integrate, and launch POSTBIDSHIP software solutions either remotely or onsite for customers.
- Design and develop business rules, database communications, host system integrations within the POSTBIDSHIP software solution.
- Design, develop, and support custom applications and interfaces.
- Create databases, tables, stored procedures, etc. in SQL Server to support the POSTBIDSHIP Software solution or custom applications/interfaces
- Provide some service-related assistance including debugging, troubleshooting, testing, etc.
- Assist with designing and/or developing Product Development projects.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Proficiency in working with all Microsoft Windows & Windows Server environments (2003-2012), Microsoft IIS, all Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft SQL Server, basic to intermediate networking architecture, and VPN and remote connectivity software.
- Proficiency in designing, developing, analyzing, and supporting SOAP and RESTful services, C#, and ASP.NET Core using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Proficient in developing and implementing Unit Tests.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to travel both locally (driving distance) or nationally (up to 10% annually).
- Able to communicate effectively with customers from different backgrounds (end users, IT technicians, managers, and executives) with a friendly and professional demeanor. Previous customer service experience is required.
- Familiarity with WMS, TMS, or ERP systems is very helpful.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.